A pre-study generally has two purposes.
Firstly, to provide an analysis, together with the client’s knowledge of the market and concept, that forms the basis for a decision on expanding with franchisees. Secondly, to give the client a good idea of what it means to be a franchisor.
Who is this for?
To all companies that seriously consider expanding through franchising, but have not decide to do so yet.
- Identify strategic, tactical and operative needs
- Establish purpose
- Evaluate the concepts suitability for franchising (see 7-point list below)
- Forms of expansion
- Identify weaknesses, risks and possibilities
- Needs in resources
Seven point list - Franchising suitability
- The company, owner and organisation
- Capital needs
- Need for previous knowledge
- Factors of success
- Quality assurance
- The brand